Sardarapat Memorial is dedicated to the battle against Turks-invaders in Sardarapat in May of 1918.
Due to the won victory most of Eastern Armenia was saved; it was possible to create Armenian statehood: In 28th of May 1918 The Republic of Armenia was proclaimed.
At the exact place of the battle the memorial was constructed. It consists of winged bulls and victory bells. “Belfry” (35 m high) is the dominant of the memorial composition. Its composition is completed by 4 towering pillars, bells, hanging in three rows. Those bloody days, the bells were ringing for six day, calling people for battle. The bells were heard on the whole Ararat Valley.
On the left side of the memorial, on a small plateau, the building of Ethnographical Museum of Armenia is built; it was constructed by a well-known Armenian architect R. Israelyan. With its idea and location the museum completes the memorial.